1. Who are we and how to contact us
This site operated by Caledonia Offshore Windfarm Limited (“we”, “us” or “our”).
We are registered in England and Wales under company number 13844888 and have our registered office at C/OShepherd And Wedderburn LLP Octagon Point, 5 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6AA Our main trading address is at 5th Floor, Atria One, 144 Morrison Street, Edinburgh, EH3 8EX.
To contact us, please email: email@example.com or call us at +44 (0)131 556 7602. You can write to us using our registered office address.
In this document, references to “you” and “your” are to users of our website.
2. Use of our site
If you use a feature of our site that allows you to upload or post material, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must ensure that all such contributions are compliant with applicable law and that they do not breach any intellectual property, privacy or confidentiality rights of a third party, or any legal or contractual duty owed to a third party.
The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values. Any material that you upload to our site will be considered non-proprietary and non-confidential.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any material posted by you or any other user of this site. We may remove any material or posting that you make on our site at our absolute discretion.
When you are asked to provide information in connection with our site, you agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete details.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You must not use our site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation, judgment, decree, rule or that has any unlawful or immoral purpose or effect.
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional material or similar communications;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, publish, post, distribute, disseminate, transmit, use or re-use any material or information which is inaccurate, illegal, defamatory, libellous, obscene, offensive, abusive, hateful, threatening, inflammatory, harmful, infringing, pornographic, discriminatory, indecent, unsolicited, unauthorised, unlawful, objectionable or which may expose you or us to legal action or reputational damage; or
- to threaten, harass, stalk, abuse, disrupt or otherwise violate the rights of others.
You also agree not to:
- advertise or sell any goods or services to other users of our site or to benefit commercially from its content; or
- access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt, any part of our site; any equipment or network on which our site is stored; any software used in the provision of our site; or any equipment, network or software owned or used by any third party.
3. Viruses, hacking and other offences
We have taken appropriate steps to detect computer viruses but we cannot guarantee that our site is free from malfunctions, defects, bugs and viruses; or that the site will operate correctly and as expected, at any given time.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site and for protecting these with your own anti-virus software, firewalls and any other technical measures. We give no warranties as to the compatibility of our site with your information technology, computer programmes and platform.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware, and/or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware, or which is otherwise malicious or technologically harmful.
You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack, or in any other way. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 and you may also breach other applicable local laws.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
4. Access to our site
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable for any period.
6. Intellectual Property Rights
We are the owner(s) or licensee(s) of all intellectual property rights in our site, material published on it and material made available through it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world and other intellectual property rights. All such rights are reserved.
Subject to the limited exceptions set out below, neither our site nor any part of it may be copied, reproduced, modified, publicly displayed, republished, distributed, extracted or reutilised in any form, without our prior written permission.
You may make copies, print or download material published on our site or made available through it for your own personal use, provided that you name the author and specify the source where the copy was taken from and you do not modify the paper or digital copies of any material you have copied, printed or downloaded in any way, and you do not use any illustrations, photographs, video, audio sequences or any graphics, separately from any accompanying text.
Access to, and use of, this website and/or its contents does not confer any rights upon you with regard to any of the trade names, logos or specific graphic symbols or other intellectual property rights which our site includes and which are protected by law.
7. Website Linking
Links to our site are not permitted without our prior and express written consent, which can be requested at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site must not be framed on any other site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any post uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
Do not rely on information on our site
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for website we link to
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Limitation of our Liability
Except as required otherwise by applicable law, we do not accept any responsibility and shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of or reliance on any information, opinions, content and/or material held on our site or made available in connection with our site: or
- interruption or delay in access, use of, or inability to use or access, our site,
including but not limited to: loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue; loss of data; business interruption; loss of anticipated savings; loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; wasted management time; or any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all conditions, warranties and representations in relation to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
Except as required otherwise by applicable law, we will not be liable for any loss or damage caused to your information technology, computer programmes, platform, data or other proprietary material arising in connection with your use of our site.
12. Governing law and jurisdiction